View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 12:24 AM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected One View Post
How do you make it stressful?
I used a timer. I do like the idea of adding some physical effort before live fire. This will add stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim lock View Post
Do you feel there are alot of people who are not...
Yes, but remember, the right to carry is not based on ability or knowledge.

Quote:
Let's see...

40-50 hr week job. Two hour commute each day. Two kids with activities (BSA, baseball, gymnastics, etc). Family functions on weekends (sking, camping, house projects) = NOT MUCH!
I hear this a LOT, but it doesn't mean we can't train at all. Every day, when we take our gun off, we can unload and do a few presentations or dry presses to work on trigger control. It only takes a few minutes. Just 5 minutes three times a week would make all of us much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post
Edit .. One item that is not trained enough and I am at fault with this also is we don't train enough doing reloads and practicing clearing a jammed slide ....
Not enough? How 'bout not at all. The vast majority of those I meet have never been taught how to do malfunction clearances. The only time they've ever reloaded was at the range. Here is a little drill I do for emergency reloads. Load two magazines; one with one round and one with two. Insert the one round mag. Set a PAR time of 5 seconds. On the first beep, fire one shot on target, recognize the gun is empty by the slide being locked back, load the two round mag, fire two shots. Do all that before the second beep. It's not hard and most can do it once they've tried it a couple of times.