View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 07:12 AM

Liked 25,742 Times in 8,697 Posts

You are correct in that it's NOT a CZ - but for $200 bucks I doubt you can go wrong with the Marlin. My first gun as a kid (1965 - about $35 bucks I think) was a Marlin/Glenfield M25 which is basically the same gun as this one you are asking about. It was a very inexpensive rifle with a Birch stock, plastic trigger guard, plated pot metal trigger and bolt, and basically cheap as hell. That said, the damned thing actually had a 3 3/4 pound trigger out of the box, a smooth action and was scary accurate!!! It even came with a cheap *** "Marlin" scope which I still have brand new in the box as it is basically useless - LOL. I spent MANY a Saturday going through box after box of .22 Shorts and it would routinely print 1/2" groups at 50 feet (and I was 11 at that time).

If the NEW Marlin is anything like it's predecessor you can't go too wrong with it! This new one might be an up-grade from my Marlin - Glenfield M25 and certainly couldn't be much cheaper! Please let us know if you decide to get it.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: