Thread: Why An IWB?
View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 08:59 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief38 View Post
If one is going to IWB carry a larger frame gun like a Glock, Sig, 1911 etc. it really means that you would have to buy pants in the next size larger in order to comfortably do so. When NOT carrying IWB other pants would have to be worn if you want them to look right. So in that sense it is a dedicated option IMHO. However for a Chief's Special (or similar size gun) you might get away with your standard Jeans or Pants assuming your weight does not increase
I guess it depends on the type of pants and how big you buy. All I carry is IWB and my jeans are one size larger than normal. I'm typically a 34 -35 in waist (of course this slightly varies with manufacturer) and for IWB I buy 35 -36, again depending on the manufacturer. If I'm not carrying I simply tighten the belt one extra hole. Right now, when carrying, I use the 2nd hole in the belt.. When not carrying it's the 3rd.

Wouldn't a CS be just as thick if not thicker than the Glock, Sig, 1911 since the cylinder is also inside the waist?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Arik; 01-11-2017 at 09:01 AM.