View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 PM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts

This is a follow-up to my Post #14, above, which reads in part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dick View Post
. . . I proceeded to expand and reload load them with more of the Hornady bullets, the bullets were held tight.

[FINAL UPDATE] I took these reloads out to the range this past Saturday. These were PPU 10mm cases that had been reloaded twice. That means they were fired three times, first as factory ammo, second as a reload, and then a third time as a reload (on Saturday). I checked the spent cases and while they did not show any splits or cracks, about a half dozen showed evidence of primer leakage. There were not "blown" primers, but they definitely show that gas was leaking around the primer. These case will not be reloaded again, I threw them out.

I have a few more boxes of PPU 10mm factory ammo and will continue to shoot it. However, while I'll continue to recover the spent cases to examine, I will not reload PPU cases anymore. I'll stick to reloading Federal, Starline and Winchester brass.

This did not surprise me all that much. Over the years, I have found that generally Europeans (especially Eastern Europeans) seem to make their ammo to fire one time safely, but don't really consider reloaders. JMHO

Last edited by Denver Dick; 01-11-2017 at 07:20 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: