View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 PM

Liked 1,066 Times in 149 Posts
Default *Price Drop - For Sale: S&W 629-1, 6"

OVERVIEW: I have owned this particular revolver for over three years, and shot it all of two times. It stayed back at the ranch where I would go with the family for holidays and leave from work. If memory serves correctly, I think I remember dating it to around 1985 when I had my Standard Catalog of S&W book out.

CONDITION: Overall this revolver is in excellent condition with (1) exception: the knurling on the extractor rod is marred and flattened in several spots (shown in photo). The grips are outstanding. The first thing I did was pull them off of this revolver when I bought it, and just put them back on now that I am selling it.

MECHANICS: Timing is perfect, end-shake is non-existent, and the lock-up is good. Barrel/cylinder gap is an excellent .004”. The accuracy is quite good. I also replaced the rebound spring with a 13lb Wolff, polished the connection areas on the trigger and hammer sear, and took a half-turn out of the mainspring tensioning screw. It is a reliable gun that has a very nice trigger. *I can include the factory rebound spring if the purchaser desires as I always keep the original parts.

PRICE: I am looking for $760 shipped to your FFL. If your FFL requires that the pistol come from an FFL, then add another $20 to the shipping cost. Certified check or USPS Money Order are preferred. Personal checks will result in the revolver being held until the check clears (another 5-10 days before shipping). I am not looking for any trades. Ships in a soft case. Buyer will get my personal contact info for his or her security.

First with an "I'll take it" here gets it. I can also be reached by my e-mail at: [email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2724.jpg (91.4 KB, 677 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2725.jpg (95.1 KB, 588 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2727.jpg (51.8 KB, 513 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2730.jpg (83.5 KB, 468 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2740.jpg (74.7 KB, 531 views)

Last edited by diggler1833; 02-01-2017 at 09:09 AM.
The Following 14 Users Like Post: