View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 07:55 PM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

My view is the enclosed hammer snub revolver can do certain things no autolader can. IMO, there is no more effective firearm in the context of extreme close-quarter/handgun combative type scenarios.

When out and about, the situations I'm likely to encounter and have no other choice but to engage will be reactive close-quarters. I'm fairly comfortable with carrying a snub in such instances. Odds and the stats back me up.

Home defense I view very differently. Avoiding and/or leaving isn't usually an option. Since I'll have to make a stand and defend my family, I like to have high capacity weapons available, although a snub is still better for certain circumstances where a close-quarter struggle is likely. I have seen a few civilian home defense involving a high number of rounds fired, but not so with concealed carry in public. I'm talking absolutely necessary defensive responses rather than proactive engagement.

These terrorist/active shooter incidents are high profile and get a lot of media attention, but they are still astronomically rare. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. Would you feel the need to strap a lightning rod on your back after seeing a news story about someone getting struck by lightning? The most effective response to an terrorist attack/active shooting would generally simply be fleeing the scene as quickly as possible, but it ultimately depends on the precise circumstances. Close-Quarter defense scenarios are not rare and preparing for them should take priority in determining our gear, weapons and the bulk of our training methods.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: