View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 08:32 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,693 Times in 530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k22fan View Post
Edmo,
The huge Case Bowies were the top knife on many hardware store display boards. My guess is they were mostly there to catch your eye from across the room and draw you over to look at pocket knives. However, since you've mastered carrying one clinched in your teeth, you may as well practice swinging on vines and swimming across rivers to rescue Jane from the crocodiles.
I would guess this one was purchased by my dad in the late 1950s and it has been batoned through more than a few logs to make camp firewood.

When I was eight or so (1970ish) I dropped it on a rocky surface and cracked the handle. Years later while stationed in Alaska, I shipped it to Case for handle repairs and to replace the very worn original leather sheath.

Case returned it to me in a new sheath, with a new handle, a polished finish, and a razor sharp edge. The bill for that work? Nothing!! Instead of a bill they included a note thanking me for being a Case customer!

Case is definitely a great American company making quality products with outstanding customer service. You can't ask for much more than that!

Sorry for the diversion from the thread topic...

Edmo

Last edited by Edmo; 01-11-2017 at 08:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: