View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 PM

Liked 87 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinfool View Post
If you have to fight someone, fight dirty, fight to win. Standing there are trading punches with someone who is younger, faster, and has more endurance then you is a fools game.

Frankly, if I am armed, and in a situation I cant walk away from, and I think someone has a reasonable chance of jumping me and winning, I am going to draw my weapon beforehand. I am not going to risk being disarmed, and my weapon being used on me or some other innocent person.

Larry
I think Larry hits the nail on the head. I'll be 62 next month & I'm not in my prime fighting condition. I have one knee replaced, the other one needs it, a hip replaced & ditto, a heart condition & congestive heart failure. I can't run or wrestle to a draw...but I can throat punch; eye gouge; block & punch; bite...& all without any conpunction to "go easy" on the attacker. Plus, I have a .357 to even the odds.
In TN, age & health is taken into consideration as far as drawing earlier than a much younger defender might, PLUS, we have a no retreat law & a non-retalitory protection from lawsuits from attacker (if they survive) or from family...IF...you can articulate that you felt your life or well being was in iminent danger. And as the saying goes, be the first to call 911 & identify yourself & the situation. Hopefully, I'll still be alive to do that but it won't be because I didn't try.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk