View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Banned

Liked 710 Times in 424 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillyhero View Post
They probably outsource their barrels I've tried to find an answer to that. It's probably a "secret". I emailed them once about the issue but they didn't respond for some reason which shocked me because I've always had good CS from them.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk
You know, you're probably correct. They probably do have their barrels subbed out. If I were to "guess" to whom, I would think FN. Now, getting them to give us an answer is probably going to be easier to spot an actual UFO.
This seems to go on in other firearms companies as well. When I was doing research on a new store bought AR to purchase, I called Ruger to ask about their AR-556 barrel rifling coating. S&W gave me an answer right off the bat. Ruger was very "secretive" about it. I then got the information from some LGS gunsmiths about Rugers barrel lining (Nitride coated). After about 2 months having my new AR-556 I called Ruger to ask about the UTG hand guard they were now selling. I then wanted to know about the barrel directly from them. They put me on hold and a tech by the name of Ed (Yes, I keep notes) answered my Q?. It is Nitride coated. Why don't they just advertise it? SMH!
Now, back to the Sport II barrel. Besides BCM, what other after market company would sell the same spec'd 11511 barrel?
The Following User Likes This Post: