Thread: 22 CB ammo
View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 11:00 AM

Liked 29,137 Times in 14,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teep View Post
Many years ago, more than I wish to admit, we would buy .22 ammo from shooting gallerys at the county fairs. If I remember right these were some kind of compound that would basically become dust when they hit something. We used them in the barns to shoot pigeons, starlings, sparrows, and rats with great results. I wonder if they are still available, but bet there is no way a carnine would sell you some now.
I doubt that the .22 shooting gallery loads are still made, as I doubt there are any shooting galleries still around to buy them. The bullet is made of phenolic plastic and powdered iron, so it will break up on impact with a a steel plate, and also produce a few sparks to add to the excitement. Back in the 1950s, Remington sold those over the counter as the Remington "Rocket". Also sold under the Peters brand, but I don't remember what those were called. Sort of strange packaging - a flat pack of 28 rounds wrapped in cellophane.

Regarding CCI .22 CB shorts, the local Wal-Mart right now has probably a dozen boxes on their shelf, I think about $7 per 100 round box.