View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 11:48 AM

Liked 181 Times in 105 Posts

The lock up seemed okay for side to side and on the extractor pin lock for the age of the gun and the timing seemed okay. I was referring to end shake. I noticed that the yoke seemed solid but that the end of the cylinder seemed like it could be moved side to side more than on any revolver I own. When I visually checked the barrel to cylinder chamber gap it was noticeably different on different holes or if I moved it which is what made me look more. So I thought there may be wear inside the cylinder where is revolves on the yoke. I don't have lots of past experience with end shake and only knew it by reading until I questioned this gun. It wasn't a gun I was longing or looking for as I have a nice 28-2 that is also redone but in a model 27 shiny finish but tight like a drum and near perfect. I just try to jump on stuff I don't see locally that I can walk out the store with without all the state to state transfer fees and dealings etc... Plus the grips were nice and I was thinking they added value and I was getting the gun for less but if I have to sink money into it...

Last edited by Jamesatrange; 01-12-2017 at 12:03 PM.