View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 01:00 PM

Liked 525 Times in 230 Posts

I have tons of beautiful wood, but unfortunately I don't have many good pictures of beautiful wood. I've been a wood-aholic all my life and have been collecting unfinished stocks and blanks for as long as I can remember. My greatest pleasure comes from finding hidden beauty inside a tree or block. Only once have I had the opportunity to help saw logs of English walnut, but I've been able to turn hundreds of blanks to discover what lies within.

And I get a bit of a kick sticking drop dead gorgeous wood on guns that usually don't deserve it. Years ago I had about 150 blanks turned into buttstocks for the FN FAL. Sold most of them, but the main reason for making them was so that I could skim the cream off the lot and keep for myself. Other projects have gotten in the way and most of the stocks are still unfinished, but even the raw stocks are beautiful.

I chose these 150 blanks because they were some of the most plain looking,......but once turned a few of them show quite nicely. Once I get a finish on them they will really pop.

The Following 12 Users Like Post: