View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 02:32 PM

Liked 525 Times in 230 Posts

Wow! That's some amazing stuff. I can't even imagine a project worthy of wood like that. Feather is a very uncommon figure in English and that blank has it all.

I was lucky to attend the Fajen auction when they went out of business back in the late '90's. I hoped to pick up some tooling and a stock duplicator, but that stuff was pretty ragged out and went for far too much money. I dropped back and bid on a few of the firearms that were used for stock fitting, but those too went for ridiculous money. By default, I ended up with wood. I felt I already had enough blanks for a lifetime, but that's where the bargains were.

I ended up with several pallets worth that numbered 300+ butt blanks and forearms, but before that I was bidding on individual pieces(some few with a bit of feather).

Like your set, I've put aside 4 or 5 forearm blanks for each of the high grade buttstocks. I've sold enough over the years to make my money back five-fold but still have a hundred or so of the very best blanks. That auction was the most amazing sale I've ever been to.

Last edited by kaveman; 01-12-2017 at 02:48 PM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: