View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 03:35 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE450No2 View Post
I am retired, after 30+ years on the job. I do not go to places where I am likely to find trouble, like bars or bad parts of town, etc.
I do not start trouble.

With as much "meaness" at there is around now, I do not plan, especially at my age, to engage in "fighting".

So all of my current training, is in the area of not to be "touched".
ie. Challange before they are with in "touching" distance. Step back, if it is safe to do so... Display if necessary.
Allow them to back off... If they don't, do not allow them to "touch".

And if "touched", to disengage, immediately, and go to the gun, and get them off of me.
Forced retirement for me after 16 years of not working due to a severe back injury .. to look at me you would not know anything was wrong .. but I can't do any type of fighting or even running away is out of the question ..

So I have become super observant of my surroundings any time I am out of my home safe zone .. and with that my wife has also .. we are a team in everything we do ..

For instance if I am pumping gas she is watching the area 360 degrees .. if anyone starts to approach our 25 foot safe zone she alerts me even if I am looking that direction .. nothing is taken for granted .. one of our phones is always set to video camera mode .. activating it gets us a movie and sound of anything that we would need to record .. without fumbling around for a minute trying to set it up to record ..

Be observant and stay safe !!

So far its worked for us ..