View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 03:46 PM

Liked 6,813 Times in 2,543 Posts
Default CCW Query.......

I read something on another thread that raised a question in my mind: A poster said, when asked about getting a Glock versus a Ruger (revolver), that the OP should get both and put them into "rotation" (?) with his other weapons for CCW.

Now, I have been shooting for over 50 years (all kinds of firearms) and carrying concealed (legally) for almost 20 years. I have open carried while guiding hunters, as well as while hiking. For the past 5-6 years, I have carried a Glock 27 fitted with a 357 Sig barrel. My alternative gun is a G26 in 9mm. Both guns have identical sights, magazine extensions, etc. My nightstand gun is a G22, also fitted with a 357 barrel but with a laser sight. Recently, I've started carrying a G20 (10mm) for field carry. My wife carries a G43 and she has another on in her nightstand. My reasoning (and hers) is that in a pinch we could each use each others firearm, if need be. Also, operational controls would be the same.

My question is (are): Am I doing something wrong and is there a reason for "rotating" carry options? I admit I will often carry a large revolver in grizzly country and will (out of laziness) sometimes stick a small auto into my pocket instead of putting on a holster for quick runs to the market.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: