View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 04:31 PM

Liked 6,616 Times in 2,199 Posts

I've spent a fair number of years practicing with Bianchi Speed Strips. (Some of my older ones had to be replaced because they'd become brittle and were breaking apart in my pockets. )

Anyway, when I carry them for my 5-shot revolvers, I carry 5 rounds in them.

Sure, it might be handy to have that 6th extra round someday, somewhere, somehow ... but then I'd have to practice either retaining the strip after using it, or going back to pick it up where I'd dropped it after loading the snub with 5 fresh rounds. Neither practice is something I care to add to my training manipulations.

I dropped speedloaders after using them to recharge revolvers, and dropping speedstrips seems a quick way to free my hand to close the cylinder and get the gun back into operating mode.

Oddly enough, I came across a video of Mas demonstrating the same technique I use. Go figure. We both came up carrying revolvers and trying different loading tools and methods over those revolver years, so it's not surprising we apparently discovered the easiest & fastest way ... for us ... to get the small 5-shot guns recharged and ready.