View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 05:22 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,841 Times in 588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCurl View Post
I'm no expert, but the OP's revolver is later than 1921.

The barrel ejector rod indicates it is 1927 at the earliest.

The S&W small logo on left side indicates 1937 at the latest.

If the stocks are original, the absence of medallions would put the date toward the early end of this range.

I'm not disparaging your gun. It's a really nice .32 HE. I would love to see more photos. I'm a great fan of the .32 HE and have two myself.

It looks like a very late 20s or early 30s production to me. Experts, correct me if I am wrong.

Curl
Here's more pics from a previous post and more info. SN 977XX. I'm surely no expert and realize it should have a mushroomed ejector rod knob but all five SN's stamped in the metal match. Probable repair on ejector/ barrel but even the # on back of the ejector star match the frame SN. The .32-20 Hand Ejector Thread I understand these were not produced after 1929 and were shipped until the 40's due to lack of demand but the high serial numbers made in 1929 were 144XXX. There is no " Made In USA" stamped on right side of frame below the cylinder which if I understand correctly, started in or around 1922.
I know you're not disparaging the gun and no offense taken. All I know for sure is I had the most memorable range trip ever and I even got my Mod 41's new barrel to function as it should.
Maybe I should letter this one. Who knows, might have been a special order for Elliot Ness.

Last edited by FifthWheel; 01-13-2017 at 08:52 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: