View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 06:48 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 229 Times in 107 Posts

I have had a Model 25-2 since the 1970s. It is one of my all time favorite revolvers. When I got it, 1/2 moon clips were all I ever heard of. Mine will shoot .45ACP without clips. I had a bunch of U.S. GI surplus ammo. I was never able to decide if it was easier to shoot the gun without the clips and push out the empties with a pencil. Or to fool around with having to load and unload the clips. I have tried several clip loading and unloading tools, and 1/3, 1/2, and full moon clips. They all work. But they also involve extra work. So now I only shoot .45 Auto Rim in my Model 25-2. I also have a Ruger Blackhawk convertible with 2 cylinders, a .45 Colt and a .45 ACP. I also have several semi auto pistols in .45 ACP. So I only shoot .45 ACP in S.A. revolvers and semi automatic pistols. But if I anticipated having speed reload my Model 25-2, I would use full moon clips. I have a Dillon 550. Whenever I set up to load .45 ACP, after I am done, I just switch the shell plate and reload all of my .45 Auto Rim brass. I have no idea how many times I have reloaded some of my .45 Auto rim brass, but I have not purchased any since the early 1980s.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: