View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 06:56 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

Well, I ordered mine just a week ago, and the mix-up on the FFL was the only hold up. The lady that I spoke with at Centerfire, Kay, was very helpful, and told me that they had packed mine up when I ordered, so it was set aside, even if they ran out before I got my FFL there, I would still have the one that I ordered.

Anyway, it came in today. I had bought a set of Eagle Rosewood "Secret Service" stocks for it, which came in yesterday. I had always thought about getting some of these, but had read mixed reviews on the boards, but thought "Why not" for this project gun. I thought they would be used, but they came new in the factory packaging... I'll show you in a minute...

Anyway, I am quite pleased with my 640-1. And glad I bought it. It sure looks like a case of carried much, and shot little to me. It was semi-dirty when I opened the box this afternoon:

The insides were only modestly dirty, and still had a dab of lube showing:

Anyway, after disassembling, scrubbing, cleaning out, drying off, and relubing, and reassembling, her she is with the new stocks:

I have to say that this has turned out to be a very nice project. The trigger pull is smooth and slick. The cylinder locks up tight, indexes perfectly, there is no end-shake, and the bore and chambers are clean and look perfect to me.

Now, I will try to get a few rounds down range this weekend.

Best Regards, Les

Last edited by les.b; 01-12-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Add photos
The Following 9 Users Like Post: