View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 07:40 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,295 Times in 4,529 Posts

Mine just came in today from the Centerfire batch. I have posted over on the other thread, ( Police Trade-in 640s at Centerfire ) but here is how she looks with a nice new set of Eagle "Secret Service" stocks.

I couldn't be happier. I have been following everyone's posts, and thinking about bead blasting and all sorts of things, but now that I have disassembled it and scrubbed it out, put it back together with a little fresh lube, and taken some time to admire it, there is only a very light evidence that it has been carried at all. No abuse, and does not appear to have been shot much.

I intend to carry it anyway, so pending a range session this weekend, if the weather allows, I think I'm just going to keep it like this. I now have about half a dozen of the "Centennial" style guns, going all the way back to a pre 40, actually a pre "Centennial" which the first called the "Chiefs Special Hammerless", with a four digit serial. Have a model 42 no dash, an M&P 340, a 340 PD, a model 640-1 Pro Series, and now this 640-1. None with an Internal Lock. Some day I'll get them all together for a family portrait.

I think that we have all done very well on this offering by Centerfire Systems, and they have been a pleasure to deal with, and I will be watching their website for any deals like this in the future!!

Best Regards, Les

Last edited by les.b; 09-20-2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Add link...replace kidnapped Photobucket with forum picture!!
The Following 21 Users Like Post: