View Single Post

Old 01-13-2017, 02:02 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 38,387 Times in 11,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumann View Post
I generally carry a 3.3" .45, but a 3" .357 7-shot revolver is a frequent alternative. Either one would be effective at close range, but I would feel more comfortable taking a 25 yard shot with the revolver. The latter might be better in the event of an active shooter situation, or for barrier penetration.
I don't know if you're an LEO, or where you live; but for me I think if there is an active shooter situation more than a few yards away from me, or especially one that calls for barrier penetration, I almost certainly am not the one to resolve it. For one thing, if it's any distance away (like twenty-five yards, for example, seventy-five feet) I may not be entirely clear on just what the situation is and whether it involves a plainclothes cop. And for this elderly civilian, the odds against my encountering such a scene are astronomical.

I'm not and never have been a police officer. I have a cell phone and the ability to be a good witness and reporter. I carry a J-frame with which I'm quite content, though I've considered adding a Ruger LCP as a hip pocket backup.

I'm just an old player of the percentages who has a pretty clear view of his limitations in the hero business.