View Single Post

Old 01-13-2017, 12:22 PM

Liked 1,003 Times in 349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjones View Post
Sir, I'm pretty sure that you and I spoke about the Trr8 set up! I can say that that wheelgun is awesome!! Glad the holster worked out, I purchased one as well. Did you leave the belt offset on or remove it?
Yes the TRR8 is indeed awesome. The best all around weapon I have ever owned. If it were concealable it would be the only revolver I own, but have a 627 snub for carry. I also have an M&P R8, identical weapon to the TRR8 but with a permanent rather than removable lower rail. I use a Simply Rugged holster for the M&P I special ordered to accommodate the lower rail.

Not sure what the belt offset is. There were two accessories that came with the holster, and I configured it as close to my hip as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo01 View Post
Groo here
When you shoot like that , don't let the gun touch the rest.
Cup the shooting hand in the offhand and rest the off hand against or on top the board.
Make sure the gun does not hit the rest or the off hand
get pinched under the butt.
Groo, not disagreeing, just want clarification. There is a problem with resting the trigger-guard on the blind's shelf (board) for stability? I felt with 3" and 3.25" groups at 80 yards I had ideal results unless that TRR8's shrouded barrel is capable of more? I thought the only better platform would be a dedicate revolver rest? Thanks!!

Last edited by dwever; 01-13-2017 at 12:31 PM.