View Single Post

Old 01-13-2017, 01:46 PM

Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts

Sigh… My question was quite simple (I thought) and as usual around here despite pleas otherwise this post has dissolved into an opinion piece that diverted away from the original question (bleeding fingers and brasso…didn’t anticipate that coming) and reached an inevitable end.

Thank you to those that responded with applicable beneficial pointers and suggestions addressing my original question. As suggested along the way I re-ran the brass through the tumbler for about 6hrs and the brass finished off really well, so I didn’t have to go as far as the steel wool route. There are still a few spots and some tarnishing left on a couple of the pieces, but overall I believe it is all still serviceable.

To the others- Those continued opinions on what equipment I must have were promptly ignored, I will not apologize or make any excuses for not immediately jumping up and dropping $200+ for a piece of equipment that I do not need to clean up a handfull of brass.

I tried to state tongue in cheek at the get go, I will not dispute the abilities of SS media (or sonic) but running a cost benefit analysis due to my low shooting volume (~1200 a year pistol) and single stage press I am able to spend more time to produce reloads that meet MY standards of quality and consistency and will instead put my $200 towards bullets, primers and powder. My entire working brass inventory including 9mm is probably less than 5000 pieces and only 2000 or so are loaded at any given time. My lowly tumbler (vibrator or whatever) and corn cob media have suited me for several years now and will probably continue to do so into the immediate future until such time that it is necessary to make a change.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: