View Single Post

Old 01-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Banned

Liked 710 Times in 424 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
While I don't want to sound like Disabled is lying, as I certainly believe that he was told this by Ruger, I still have my doubts as it would be a key selling point to advertise. If the barrel is a nitride treated barrel, marketing would be yelling it from the rooftops! It would be a positive selling point for their rifle.
I totally agree with you! Why do you think I called them, then, called them again when I wasn't satisfied? If you have a product that has a special selling point, don't you want that selling point listed at the very top? I know I would. I'm starting to have second thoughts........
Anyway, I showed my cousin these replies that everyone has listed about a barrel he can buy from almost anywhere (He's off today, very rarely gets on his desktop, and don't even know what Facebook is). He called several gun stores in the next big town over (50+ miles away) and is seeing about getting a barrel through one of them. How do you convince a 65 year old man, that there ARE other options out there? I'm at my wits end with him and his AR! Other than that, he's a great guy.