View Single Post

Old 01-14-2017, 11:11 AM

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Original Bodyguard 380 vs new M&P Bodyguard 380

I have one of the original Bodyguards withe the Insight laser and put many hundreds of rounds through it without a hiccup. I prefer a hammer on a pistol this size and the long, double-action trigger pull doesn't bother me at all.

But the Insight laser has been kinda problematic from the start. The screw which holds down the battery cover plate on the sight kept working loose, and the activation buttons on either side were undependable. I blue loctited the screw to keep it in place but now have to hit it with heat from my soldering iron when I need to change the battery. I also modded the activation buttons by inserting some extensions cut from an ink tube. They are easier to activate but very sensitive now.

I'm thinking about picking up a newer model and was wondering if the new M&P Bodyguards are improved over the original? They now have a Crimson Trace laser or no laser at all. I'm inclined to pick up the model without the laser and upgrade it with a set of Truglo sights. But I'm wondering if the new Crimson Trace laser is any better than the original. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with the newer models and how they like them.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
The Following User Likes This Post: