Thread: Perfecta ammo
View Single Post

Old 01-14-2017, 02:35 PM

Liked 8,861 Times in 3,535 Posts

This is a fascinating thread! The basic theme of other threads with Perfecta ammunition as the subject expound on what total **** it is! Dirty, erratic, jams, won't function the guns, and on, and on,............... Supposedly it was so bad that Wal-Mart wouldn't be handling it anymore.

Now comes this thread where everyone sings its' praise! Go figure.

The prior threads were so negative that I, who hardly ever shoots anything which I have not loaded, went looking to find some Perfecta 9mm. I had to experience it myself as I couldn't believe any ammunition could be as bad as those other threads were portraying it! Finally, after watching for Perfecta for, literally, months, finally found some .40 S&W a couple of weeks ago. Just last night found 9mm for the first time and bought 2 boxes for just over $9 each! Well, it's Winter, so I probably won't be shooting any for a while, but will chronograph it when I do.

Perfecta is a Trade Mark of Fiocchi UK. The ammunition is marked as manufactured in Italy and it is packed in the typical cheap trays that Fiocchi uses! It has typical Fiocchi brass jacketed bullets (9mm). It is obviously Fiocchi ammunition, I have a very difficult time envisioning that the quality is not up to typical Fiocchi, either Italian or Fiocchi USA.

As said, I haven't yet shot any, so this isn't a direct endorsement of Perfecta in general. I simply cannot understand how two groups (or more) on the same forum, could reach such disparate opinions on the same product from a reputable and highly respected manufacturer!