View Single Post

Old 01-15-2017, 12:06 AM
US Veteran

Liked 18,437 Times in 5,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Years ago, there was a saying, "Beware of the man with only one gun, he probably knows how to use it."
I only hope I'm that man.

I would never criticize those who "dress for the occasion," but I'm too much of a pragmatist to swap out my edc. When I was 27 I said, "When I make my first million I'm only going to wear blue jeans." Then I realized that might take too long. I wear blue jeans; I might wear a corduroy jacket and a tie, too, if'n it's a weddin' or a buryin', but I wear jeans.

Do a thing once, it's happenstance. Do a thing twice, it's practice. Do a thing thrice, it's a habit. That's just me, and I'm only getting more and more set in my ways.

If I'm in the woods I might have the big gun at 10 o'clock, but the 640 Pro is always wrapped around the same belt loop at 4 o'clock. And I practice, practice, practice. It's instinctive, it's a habit; I don't have to think about it.

Next spring if a bear confronts me he'll look down the barrel of the 640 (unless I'm so scared I drop it or worse) because that will be the result of my habit. By spring I plan to have practiced enough that the big gun will be my habitual bug (in case I drop the 640 or run out of ammo and the bear's still coming).

Cheers,

Bob
The Following User Likes This Post: