View Single Post

Old 01-15-2017, 11:18 AM

Liked 61 Times in 35 Posts

Was the first 20 rounds with each gun. I shot the 686 first then the M and P. I do carry the M and P occasionally depending on clothes and weather. I wish I could have stopped and adjusted the RMR sight. I just put that back on after getting my slide and barell back. So still a bit off.

No, I don't carry the 686 around town, too big. It's mainly used when I'm in the woods. Hunting and protection from anything I may encounter while I'm out there. In some cases, stuff that is much larger than what you may encounter around town. Which is why I go for a 357 or my old super Blackhawk 44 vs a 9mm, 40 or 45.

Over the years I've ran across a few critters that had me draw my gun, luckily they always run away. Gets your heart pounding when you come up close to a black bear and you have your kids with you. Probably a more realistic threat than criminal activity.

That 686 is a really fun gun to shoot. This one was one of the early 80s models and I love it, I've had my Ruger since I was 15 and has always been my favorite until I got this one a few years back.

I get start getting shaky too! I do it with my bows, rifles everything. Does anyone actually hold steady without the sights all over the place? If so I wish it could figure out how to do that.

Last edited by Angus46; 01-15-2017 at 11:29 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: