View Single Post

Old 01-15-2017, 07:22 PM

Liked 576 Times in 161 Posts

Great thread OP. Just got back into shooting after around a 20 year absence. First gun I bought was a 686 pro 4". Really miss my model 27 and Colt Python I sold (sigh). Since then bought 3 semi-autos just for the range and to try other calibers. Really like my Sig 9mm and Dan Wesson .45. Was considering them for carry. But, the Sig was just sent back after 100 rounds because the trigger stuck when I took it apart to clean it. With the Wesson I had a bad mag that FTL due to a faulty spring. Both great guns and I would buy another Sig or Wesson. But I'm reluctant to use them as carry weapons because of the issues. So considering a revolver. When I used to have to walk to the bank everyday with cash I had a chiefs special in my pocket. Thinking 586 L comp or 627PC.

I wonder if the penchant for revolvers is a generational thing. I was the only one in my CCL qualifying class with a revolver the rest were 30 somethings all with plastic semi autos. Really like my semis but I'm thinking wheel gun if my life depends on it.

Last edited by jmr986; 01-15-2017 at 09:22 PM.