View Single Post

Old 01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
You make a very good point. Of course we should always follow the dry practice rules and be sure we're safe when doing any kind of dry practice.

However, what is a self-defense situation where you wouldn't be ready to fire as soon as the gun was presented?

I have more, but I'm curious to hear the answer to that question first.
I said don't fire every time it is presented !! not don't be ready any time you draw your weapon legitimately ..

Its winter 30 degrees your wearing a jacket with it zipped up .. pistol at 4 IWB .. and its around 5:30 just dark .. Hooded figure with a back pack on carrying a baseball bat in both hands comes running toward you .. your pumping gas at a convenient store .. 25 feet you yell stop figure continues at speed towards you .. Coat zipper yanked down and you start your draw and the figure runs by you .. looking at you weirdly for yelling at him !!! a high school kid getting out of winter indoor baseball practice .. running to get home to eat I would guess was probably cold was 3 blocks from the school .. evidently didn't see the drawn pistol .. kept right on running !!

Happen to a friend .. he came over to my house still visibly upset at what almost happened .. be careful when dry firing and pulling the trigger every time with out reacting to the situation as it unfolds !!! It can change drastically from the time our mind says start your draw till when your pistol is on target ..

If during your dry fire practice you fire your weapon every time .. you will likely fire it in a SD if your draw it whether you meant to or not ..