View Single Post

Old 01-17-2017, 03:15 PM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
I carry appendix IWB. Never have to adjust my way of carry when it's hot or cold, standing or sitting.

Don't understand how some of you have 3 different carry guns, 3 different ways of carrying, and still expect muscle memory when the shtf and you need that firearm
Same here. I pretty much always carry IWB appendix, about 2 o'clock position. Either a Detective Special or Python snubby.

It's funny because right before this winter started I was getting into open carry, OWB on my right hip. Since the weather is now cold and I need heavy coat and layers on, I have gone back to IWB. It is easier to draw and access for me with layers.

Plus, when concealing IWB in winter, your gun generally stays the same temperature as your body. So there should be no condensation forming on the firearm when changing from outdoor to indoors. I always wear an UA compression fit undershirt as my base layer year round, so the gun is never touching up against my skin. So no worries about acidic oils or anything getting on my fine iron.

Last edited by iPac; 01-17-2017 at 03:16 PM.