View Single Post

Old 01-18-2017, 01:45 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh11 View Post
Hey guys, looking to get a full size semi auto and noticed a brand new 5946 on clearance at my local Cabela's for 599. Just wondering if this is a decent price as I haven't seen many new in box in recent years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoman12001 View Post
I like my 3rd gen autos a lot, including my 5946s but I don't think I'd pay $600 for a 5946, even new.
Must admit that I'm not a big fan of the Model 5946. I am, on the other hand, a very big fan of the Models 5906 & 5943... go figure!

However, these brand new Houlton pistols represent a rare and interesting opportunity for us 3rd Gen lovers to own a brand spanking new S&W all-metal 9mm pistol once again. For me, it would be a first. And $599 certainly doesn't seem too far out-of-line for that near-unique opportunity.

Too bad for me that Cabela's would never allow one to be sold out of their Massachusetts store or even allow one to be transferred into Massachusetts (to any MA FFL) from a free state store. So it's kind of a moot point for moi.

So in a way, it's comforting to me that it isn't a 3rd Gen model at the top of my long-term 3rd Gen Want List. Thank God it wasn't a brand spanking new Model 5903TSW or I'd be ready to move immediately to a free state!
The Following User Likes This Post: