View Single Post

Old 01-20-2017, 10:29 AM

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts
Default Take-down Screw Fix

New to the forum from South Eastern Pennsylvania. Just purchased a SW22 Victory and found the take down screw loosened after shooting about 50 rounds. I had taken it apart and cleaned it before the first shoot, so I thought that I hadn't tightened it enough. So back to th range after tightening it. After 50 rounds the screw was loose again.

Sent this message to S&W: I just purchased a new Victory and am very pleased with it. I am having problems keeping the take-down screw under the barrel tight. I am afraid I will strip the head of the screw if I try to tighten it any tighter. Is there a locking mechanism available?

Their response: Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for your e-mail and contacting Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center.

A no-charge order has been placed for you as per your request and below is the order information.

Your order number is: 2173760

Please allow at least 10 - 15 business days for delivery.

I am sending you a new takedown screw. These have a patch of nylock on the threads. This will help to keep your barrel tight.

Thank You for choosing Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center products. Have a great day.

Edit: I researched the Nylock screw inserts and this is what I found. Nylok(R) Blue Nylon Pellet - Nylok. It hasn't arrived yet so no further info at this time. I will update when I try the fix. Augie

Last edited by commonground; 01-20-2017 at 04:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: