View Single Post

Old 01-22-2017, 11:47 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,547 Times in 462 Posts
Default The Many Faces of Fitz

I'm not sure why, but I have a hard time passing up a set of Fitz grips. Due a recent thread (38/44 Outdoorsman - Pre-23 W/Fitz Target Grips), I now know to look for the basketweave, which if I have ever seen, I didn't recognize as Fitz. But in the meantime, here are three of the more common variations plus one that I have never before seen or seen mentioned.

The first three are N frame walnut, K frame walnut, and N frame smooth rosewood. Note the block and script logos; the K frame is not signed.

The K and N frame grips have the same exterior dimensions. The K stocks are identified with a large "K" (logical), the N's have a "M" (?).

Thanks to member Jeroen in Holland, I just acquired these. Fitz made an Accu-Riser series of plastic pistol grips with adjustable palm shelf. Searching online images, I can only find one set in wood (on a Model 52) and none for a revolver. Jeroen advertised these as Fitz. If I had seen them on a table, I would have assumed they were European due to the open grain wood and coarse, flat-topped checkering.

Sure enough, inside the right panel is the Fitz logo as seen on the plastic Accu-Risers

What other styles of Fitz wood grips are out there?

Bob

Last edited by red9; 09-13-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: add link
The Following 16 Users Like Post: