View Single Post

Old 01-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

I would think more about setting up the eventual engagement, rather than what I was hurling (which would probably be some sort of conventional handgun round).

In an ideal situation, I would control the area leading to the bedrooms (hallway, staircase, or whatever) from a position tht provided a clear "backstop".

Here: take a look at this home layout. It's such a ****** tactical layout it's realistic.

If I attempt to defend Bedrooms #2 and/or #3 from the doorway of Bedroom #1, then I'd be firing directly at those rooms.

A better choice would be to get the lights on in the Dining/Kitchen/Living Room area, then move either to the kitchen sink if the intrusion is coming from the front. If the intrusion is coming from the rear or the utility area, I would move to the entryway closet.

If it's coming from the utility closet, I could use the kitchen island as cover, but then I'm out in the open, and exposed to flanking from the Dining Room slider and windows, and the Living Room doors/windows. Something about standing in the middle of an open area just gets wets my fur, so to speak. I like me some walls.

I mean, literally any way you cut it, if all three bedrooms are occupied, then it's a tactical **** sandwich, but still.

If I could leave one non-master bedroom unoccupied in the above layout, it would be Bedroom #2, because firing at the front door from the Master means using that wall as a backstop.

Last edited by Wise_A; 01-23-2017 at 10:43 PM.