View Single Post

Old 01-24-2017, 02:56 AM

Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs View Post
I have carry revolvers with and without an exposed hammer. I like a hammer for its looks and for fun when shooting at the range. I doubt I would ever use the hammer for single action shooting in a crises.

It occurred to me that I have not personally experienced a case of the hammer getting snagged on clothing, but I always use a pocket holster when carrying in a pocket, and admittedly, I do not practice drawing as much as many folks do.

Just curious, anyone ever actually have the hammer on a carry revolver get snagged on their clothing?

Anyone ever hear of it happening in a fight?
I'd be OK with carrying a DA/SA revolver concealed IWB, but I would never carry one in a pocket if I had a choice. That is just too risky and I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

I carried a CZ-83 semi-auto for a while which has a traditional exposed hammer and it never snagged on me while practicing drawing from IWB, but I've never had to do so in a real fight.

If you think you will never use SA in a fight then you would be doing the gun and yourself a disservice by carrying it. That's fine if a DA/SA gun is all you have, but if you have a DAO option then I would be carrying that instead, while relegating the DA/SA as a home defense gun or as a vehicle gun.

Most experts in the field who carried (or still carry) revolvers recommend going with and training in DAO exclusively for self defense and for the possible legal ramifications that could arise from an unintended hair trigger SA shot.

Last edited by Concerned Citizen; 01-24-2017 at 03:22 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: