Thread: Switchblades
View Single Post

Old 01-25-2017, 08:16 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muss Muggins View Post
I have neglected to share a picture of my Benchmade EDC's. One clipped on the pocket, one in the pocket. Sometimes all I carry is the Impel in my pocket. Depends on my mood. I've lost about four Benchmade gents knife autos over the years, but as you can tell, I've held on to the Mini Reflex II for a while . . .
Well, Muss, that's my favorite Benchmade as well. This is my most carried EDC knife, I've had it since I think 1995 or 1996. I used to use it on the trout streams, really handy to have an auto opener, but the spring went kafooey, and after carefully making sure there weren't any trout innards inside, I sent it back to Benchmade in 1998 or 1999, they made good on their warranty, replaced the spring, and even sharpened it....and it's been running fine ever since. I have several other Benchmade Autos, but this is in my opinion the most useful and handy size for EDC.

I have a number of other "switchblades" as well, including one that has very little intrinsic value, but has a lot of sentimental value...it was given to me on my first trip to Moscow, by my Russian police friend, as a souvenir, it had been confiscated from a Russian street hood. Just a cheap Italian made switchblade, but looking at it brings back memories of that trip, and my friend, who has since passed away. I didn't even think about passing through customs when I threw it in my luggage, but no one said anything along the line. Of course, that was pre 9/11.

Best Regards, Les