View Single Post

Old 01-28-2017, 12:19 AM

Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Default First S&W - surprised

After more than 20 years of being a Ruger man, I bought my first S&W - a 629 Classic. I've flirted with a few S&W models in the past but never pulled the trigger. Bought the 629 from Grabagun and had it transferred to a local FFL.

It has the worst swirl marks I have ever seen on a revolver new or used. It seriously looks like someone took a Brillo pad to it. The factory polishing completely missed the end of the barrel and lug, on the left side and the white outline on the rear sight has a very obvious diagonal slant - Looks like my five-year-old drew it on there.

How this got out of the factory, I'll never know. I'll call customer service on Monday and see if they will fix the finish and the rear sight. Don't get me wrong,I wasn't expecting a the ultimate rear sight or a fine bead-blast finish - just a standard finish and a usable rear sight. I can get both from a $400 Taurus. For a gun that retails for nearly $1000 this should be more than right, it should be a step up.

Note the end of the barrel is not completely polished and is a different shade than the rest of the revolver. Can't buff this out with a cloth.

1/30 - Called S&W customer service got return label and shipped back for inspection and repair.

Last edited by 686357; 01-30-2017 at 10:27 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: