View Single Post

Old 01-28-2017, 04:08 PM

Liked 112 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnivore View Post
Wow is right. My dealer called and told me that my new GP100 was in so I ran over there at lunchtime and took possession.

I called Ruger and they say they will make it right, which is SOP for them. My question is how on Earth can this lack of craftsmanship get through Ruger's QC dept.

You buy a new gun and you want to shoot it right away, not wait weeks for warranty repairs on a brand new revolver.

I feel certain that I will be pleased when I get it back....but WOW.
I feel your pain! Sorta ruins the anticipation. It shouldn't happen, even with "mass produced" guns that we have to spend a goodly portion of our discretionary income for, (Or need to save till we can afford whatever it is we want.)
But, sadly, that seems to be the way of the world today, especially for those of us who just want a good, reliable gun out of the box, that doesn't need fixing. It looks like "Not enough time to do it right, but time enough to do it over" reigns supreme in the firearms and other industries. I guess we as buyers need to inspect the dickens out of potential purchases, and reject it, if it isn't right! That will really make the LGS owners unhappy, but what can we do? They are not doing us a favor by allowing us to spend our money at their counters!

Last edited by Jupiter01; 01-28-2017 at 04:14 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: