View Single Post

Old 01-29-2017, 05:24 AM

Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts

I have to agree with the folks who are saying that is not a new gun. (Some of this is reiterations)

- Someone has clearly tried to polish that gun after it left the factory since S&W does the logo stamp after they polish and you can see your gun was "polished" after the stamp was applied. The logo on my M69 is stamped also and I can tell it was done after the bead blasting (M69s are bead blasted).
- The turn line is worse than my M69 and I have about 300 dry-fires and like 100 rounds through it. (The dry-firing with snap caps helped smooth the DA pull significantly and helped me get familiar with the action before hitting the range, worth the effort.)
- My original rear sight (dropped the gun upside down and broke off) and the replacement are nowhere near as bad. Not perfect, but still good. All the white lines on S&W revolvers I have seen are thinner so my though it someone removed the original line and tried their own hand at making that.
- I can't quit tell but it looks like you have some trigger wear also. Could be the picture though.

When I was searching for a big bore revolver a few month ago I went to many shops and had my hands on many NEW S&W revolvers and they all were mostly picture perfect finish. Not one I saw was less that 99%. Ended up with a M69 and have been happy since. The M69 is bead blasted which I prefer because of less glare.

Last edited by GunnerMichael; 01-29-2017 at 05:28 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: