View Single Post

Old 01-31-2017, 05:02 PM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorer951 View Post
Your headspace appears to be within allowable tolerances.

Lack of protrusion could be an issue. Normally, the nose protrudes approx. .040" - .045" beyond the breechface. (a dime is .050") Tolerances allowed among the various parts involved can sometimes cause protrusion to be a bit shorter or longer. Another possibility would be damage to the hammer nose, the hammer nose bushing, dirt/debris or damage in the hammer cavity in the frame.....or debris or dirt behind the extractor. (and there are others)
I will check the protrusion on the nose.
I have completely disassembled the gun and cleaned it meticulously there's no dirt or anything in any of the cavities or extractor.
I did notice not the cylinder has a bit of side to side wobble for lack of a better term. Is it possible that the cylinder lock up is created a problem?
You certainly are extremely knowledgeable and have been very helpful in my trying to figure this out. I'm not certain if this is the proper venue to ask or not but someone mentioned that perhaps if I sent the gun to you you could check it over, I understand that would be a cost involved but that's not a problem. Assuming the cost would be a little less than a million dollars.
It's more about figuring out what the problem is there anything else.