View Single Post

Old 02-02-2017, 08:57 AM

Liked 19,895 Times in 8,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
Forgive me Bam. I blame my father and my grandfather. They kept every gun they owned in pristine perfect "as-new" condition right through the time they passed them down to me. It's both a privilege and a curse to be their offspring.

All I can say is thank God for stainless steel and modern plastic wonder guns... 'cause when I get an all black/blued steel gun, I have to meet an almost unachievable standard of care.
MY Dad had 4 basic handguns..... three were his Duty/Carry guns from 1938-77 ..... from riding an Indian motorcycle to Capt. riding a desk (most of the time).......all were well cared for but you can tell they were carried and not safe queens........that said his Smith Model 41 from the early 60s is still LNIB +95%.......It lived in the custom case Dad made and only came out at the range (The Dept had it's own indoor range;2 miles from home, and Dad would sometimes shoot 3-4 times a week).

If you carry a blued gun,over time it will show "use" but if you are a "gun guy" even after 20 years it can survive with no signs of abuse.

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 02-02-2017 at 09:00 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: