View Single Post

Old 02-02-2017, 12:57 PM

Liked 597 Times in 332 Posts

For me I break revolvers down to two stages, #1 trigger job, #2 action job.
I would stick to 'trigger job' and just change the springs because what you can gain in 'polishing' certain areas is often best left for the more experienced. If you do get the Miculek video it will at least walk you through the areas that can be addressed, the quality of the video is long over due for an update but you will get the idea

Miculek has a spring kit, Wilson Combat and Wolff. If you research it there is even some slight bending mods you can do to the mainspring to help but again just changing out the mainspring and trigger return spring will be beneficial and some of the rest of the improvements will come along from simply using the gun or cycling the action repeatedly. Also you may find some sticky gunk on the internals so cleaning and proper lube should not be overlooked either.

Most gunsmiths that do trigger work are around $65-$110 dollars and your results will be pleasing and you have the confidence it was done correctly.

I have successfully done my own revolvers, Smith, Ruger and Dan Wesson, learned as I went and am currently very satisfied with my results. There will always be the continued discussion on whether to use the strain screw adjustment method, so I won't go there LOL
Karl