View Single Post

Old 02-03-2017, 03:47 PM

Liked 424 Times in 129 Posts
Default first double action .22 LR revolver

I have a few P&R S&W's in .357 cal. Enjoy them all.
About 4 months ago I saw a MDL 34-1 in a LGS that I pass through once in a while. Always on the lookout for a nice 35 YO Smith that I can't do w/o.
I left the firearm there, came home and looked around on this sight to see what I could find out. I saw some positive things, and coupled w/ the fact that I've never owned a double action .22 LR. I carried myself back to the store a few days later to take a closer look. Well, of course the pistol is gone by then. (shoulda bought it when I saw It, eh?)
Stopped in same store this week and guess what's there? I believe it is the very same 34-1 that I'd passed on in October. (I think)
I had my flashlight, mirror, screwdriver and feeler gauge w/ me this time too.
This little pistol is primo condition. The only wear that it shows is a very feint turn line. There is NO wear showing anywhere else on it.
The stocks are numbered to gun, but no box or docs. Pinned and recessed of course. BBL/FC gap is .007 all the way around.
The stocks are sure small, I'll probably shoot Monday then see what I can find in the way of a little larger stocks.
Once home I took the side plate off, dry as a bone in there, but clean as could be. It had been shot as there was some marking in the top strap indicating shots fired.(no wonder the dbl action pull was so stiff)
SN M95428. 4" bbl.
I thank you all for your knowledge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0615.JPG (202.5 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0614.JPG (190.5 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by scooterfiend; 04-13-2017 at 08:57 PM.
The Following 16 Users Like Post: