View Single Post

Old 02-04-2017, 04:47 PM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGunLeather View Post
Carry rotation? Not for me.

Every day, same gun, same holster, same carry position, just like I have always trained with. Never have to stop and think (which gun am I carrying? revolver or semi-auto? single-action or double-action? cocked and locked? external safety device?), just follow the training regimen, address the target, engage the target if necessary.

But I am an old fart, not nearly as fast on my feet as so many younger guys, and I probably don't know nearly as much as those who change guns and holsters like I change socks and underwear.

Have your gunfights any way you want to have them, but don't count on everyone else to wait while you try to remember what you have, where you are carrying it, and what you need to do to join the fight.

YMMV.
When the temps really drop, I usually end up putting a 642 in my coat pocket for easy accessibility.

IIRC, a while back you had said your edc is a full-size 1911 in one of your enhanced pancake holsters (apologies if I'm not recalling that correctly).

With your single carry approach, how do you deal with layering/coats/etc. in the winter? Especially driving.