View Single Post

Old 02-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Liked 24 Times in 10 Posts
Default CCW Query.......

You're hard wired to Fight or Run, everything else is training. So be careful. If you believe what you "think" might be true. If we were so locked into certain things we would have to put on shoes to run.

You can most certainly adapt to different guns, much like a motorcyclist can ride a bicycle and not get confused about the brakes. Only when someone "thinks" their way into problems does the brain override training.

That being said, you can lock your training into the exact same thing every time. The drawback is that you'll be less likely to succeed if their are minor changes. So training your mind (properly) to adapt can be a much stronger tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB57 View Post
I agree with this completely.

I'm hardwired to reach for a gun on my hip, and it would be very hard for me to change a carry location and be able to be 100% sure I'd reach for the gun in the right place under extreme stress in a situation where I'm confronted with a sudden and unexpected threat.

I will however carry a back up from time to time in some other location. For example, I'll carry a Kimber Micro in a pocket holster as a back up, as a New York reload, and as a handgun to hand off to my wife (who shoots but does not carry) if we ever find ourselves in a situation we need to back out of - she can be armed while leading the way back out, while I cover the withdrawal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BirdmanH54; 02-05-2017 at 03:18 PM.