View Single Post

Old 02-05-2017, 04:38 PM

Liked 218 Times in 141 Posts

A powder dispenser dispenses and weighs the powder all in one unit. All of them will dispense to the target value, with an occasional over-shoot of 0.1gn. One can use that charge, touch the powder with a finger to remove one or two kernels of powder to get the target charge, or throw it back in the hopper.
A powder MEASURE just drops a volume of powder and, unless you weigh every drop, you'll never know (or care) if every charge was the target value.
The problem with going on a forum to ask what is the best anything is that almost none of us have used more than one of most things and certainly NOT all that are available.
I can say that I hated my RCBS powder dispenser I had about 20 years ago (it was re-branded PACT unit) and I love my RCBS ChargeMaster I bought about 10 years ago.
However, since I am completely happy with my RCBS unit, I have zero interest in checking out the latest Lyman or Hornady or RCBS units.
The best you can do is Google "powder dispenser reviews." It used to be that magazine did this for you, but for about the last 20 years magazines have become quite useless and spend most "reviews" just telling you how great the latest advertiser's equipment is.

Last edited by noylj; 02-05-2017 at 04:41 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: