View Single Post

Old 02-06-2017, 03:03 PM

Liked 325 Times in 193 Posts

One at a time, all the way through, is much too slow for me. I have done it that way, but just don't care to, these days.

If I'm going to do a hundred or so of 38's, 44's, etc., I'll size them, usually hand prime, and flare them. I just toss them into a tin can. We feed the dogs green beans to supplement their dog food, and have plenty of bean cans.

Then I'll put 50 of them on a loading block, & either load them all with powder, or 15 or 20 at a time in rows. I use the RCBS uniflow powder dispenser with stand, which makes it easy to load the block. I'll then look across the block with a flashlight & my reading glasses. I do not put any bullets on top, at this point.

I grab each one individually, once again noticing the powder charge, and then placing the bullet on top, as I reach to put it in the press. I'll seat all of them, before changing the die, for any crimping, which is done separate from seating.

If I really want to slow down, as well as being too lazy to change primer sizes on my hand primer, I'll place individual primers in the SS press, and press them in in, before the pulling the handle all the way down, for the flare.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: