View Single Post

Old 02-06-2017, 11:13 PM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorer951 View Post
The interface between the front locking bolt and the end of the extractor rod serves to mitigate that movement, and support the assembly during firing. Some gauge between the parts is essential however, for the cylinder assembly to rotate without interference. This is one reason why reducing run out on the extractor rod is so important, as run out can cause the cylinder to intermittently bind on the f.l. lug)

Excessive movement, if present, may be due to the front locking bolt/extractor rod end being worn, or the parts may not have been fit properly in the first place.
Would excessive movement like that then have any bearing on the fail to fire problems?

I took the gun to the range today very methodically and very carefully fired and I still have the same problems I've mentioned before no pattern to any of the failure to fire problem. Just light primer hits as mentioned I then took those rounds and put them in my other Model 60 and they fired without a problem.
I plan on switching the hammers on the guns in the next couple of days and we'll see what happens with the hammers switched.