View Single Post

Old 02-08-2017, 06:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default .45 Shield Mags dropping

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Yurco View Post
Anyone else have a problem with the mag disengaging?
My .45 Shield, purchased new, dropped both the six and seven round mags. Even after 500 rounds through it, the six round mag would drop every time, usually after the third round. Sent back to S&W for repair, they replaced the mag catch and sent it back to me in a few days.

The next range session, the seven round mag dropped a few times, but the six round mag dropped about every third mag, even with multiple brands of ammo. It dropped when firing one handed, it dropped with a firm two handed grip, it dropped with a relaxed grip, it dropped with fingers intentionally held out of the way of any potential touching of the release, and it dropped even when observed from the side by RSO's (Range Safety Officers).

The range had a rental .45 Shield and they let me use their mags in mine. They dropped. I rented the range's .45 Shield and their mags and no drops. I used my mags in their gun (shhh, don't tell them) and they didn't drop.

The gun is currently back at S&W for a second time. It's been several weeks with no word from them, but with around 800 rounds through the gun, I can't afford to keep blowing $100 on ammo to test a "fixed" $400 gun.

My buddy has one, I've shot it, loved it, and bought one because I enjoyed it so much. Of his, the range rental, and mine; mine is the only one to drop mags and I'm really hoping the second fix is for real. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do.